What is a suitcase for Foster Care?
Suitcases for Foster Care are backpacks, small duffel bags or suite cases that are filled with basic necessities to give youth in foster care dignity and respect.
Do you want to hold a Packing Party?
The desire to hold a Packing Parties is prevalent, but starting one from scratch can be daunting. Especially when you have to navigate finding a foster care agency as well. I have put together a party informational package to easy the way, and will assemble suggestions and ideas from people who hold parties here in the Chicago Land area. When you are ready, submit a request via Facebook or this page and I will send you the materials I have. These will include paring you with a foster care agency. Each agency serves a different population so ages and clothing sizes will vary.
What your host kit includes:
- Host instructions
- Host checklist
- Printable bag labels
- Bag contents
What about Cash donations?
We are not a legal charity in Illinois, so we can only coordinate packing parties and other foster care charity events.
What is in a bag?
- Backpack or small duffel bag or suitcase
- Blanket (throw size about 50” X 60”) – age 10 and over
- Stuffed Animal- age 10 and under
- Pajamas (size 2T to Adult XXL)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste in a separate Ziploc bag
- Small sized items for hygiene kit in a separate Ziploc bag
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Hair moisturizer such as hair oil, hair dressing, hair masque, hair mayonnaise
- Deodorant -age 10 and over
- Crayons and coloring book- age 10 and below
- Gently used or new age appropriate book – age 10 and above