So I went a little crazy and collected all the broken crayon’s from my son’s school for recycling. It went a little nuts. The project took over my kitchen table for WEEKS. All the crayons needed to be sorted by wrapper-less ones and to remove all the RoseArt crayons (which do not melt). Then I had to soak them in water over night to loosen the wrappers. Then I had to remove the wrappers. And then I had to dry them, because they were wet.
Next the real work, sorting all the crayons by color and then cutting them up into little pieces.
Finally, I had to put them in silicon molds and melt them in the oven. But in the end we got a nice product.