This area looked horrible. I tried to pave it over with stones, but the weeds took over anyway. So I went to bed one night and though, I bet I could make it a raised bed with those stones. By the next afternoon it was done.
Here are the pictures from my wild flower garden from the end of July. Thanks to my Step-Mom and my Dad this looks better than I could have hoped.
I don’t know how it happened, but we are now at the end of Aug. and I only just now pulled the pictures out of my camera.
So I went a little crazy and collected all the broken crayon’s from my son’s school for recycling. It went a little nuts. The project took over my kitchen table for WEEKS. All the crayons needed to be sorted by wrapper-less ones and to remove all the RoseArt crayons (which do not melt). Then I had to soak them in water over night to loosen the wrappers. Then I had to remove the wrappers. And then I had to dry them, because they were wet.
Next the real work, sorting all the crayons by color and then cutting them up into little pieces.
Finally, I had to put them in silicon molds and melt them in the oven. But in the end we got a nice product.
I have opened an etsy shop to sell my felted sewing patterns. ThoraBeyDesigns can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThoraBeyDesigns?ref=search_shop_redirect .
Four patterns and counting:
We have a dog run on the side of the building, and it is nice to have someplace to sit while out there with your dog. But a bench costs about $100- and we are talking about something that might get chewed on – or worse. So I had no intention of spending a lot of money. I found these two chairs at a “demolition sale” for $5.00 each. My husband had the wood already as a alley find, and he had the screws.
It is comfortable and cheap! And just right for a dog area. If this was a nicer garden I might have painted them.
Compared to last month, the garden is filling in nicely.
The Spinach in the two liter bottle wall failed miserably. But the rest is filling in.
Look how lush my Herb garden looks!